For Parents and Adult Students:
- Please check your emails, our Facebook page, and the KBA website for information and announcements about schedule changes, weather closings, and upcoming events.
- Please put the student’s name in all dance shoes, bags, and clothes.
- Students should arrive 10 minutes before class so your child can prepare for class and use the restroom if needed.
- All students must follow the KBA dress code policy.
- Dance shoes should not be worn outside of the building.
- We kindly ask that you keep your child home if he or she is sick.
- Call the studio if your child will be missing class.
- No child will be allowed to leave with anyone other than a parent unless we have prior notice from the parent that signed the child up for classes.
- Students should be picked up promptly after class. Call the studio if you will be more than 5 minutes late.
- Please do not leave any young children unattended in the waiting area, lunchroom, or restroom.
For All Students
- Sign in at the office when you arrive.
- Use restrooms before class to avoid disruptions.
- All students should arrive 10 min early in their assigned classroom attire with their hair properly secured and dance shoes on.
- All students must follow the KBA dress code policy.
- Please wait quietly in the hallway near the studio. If you must talk, stay in the office/waiting area.
- No jewelry may be worn to class other than small earrings.
- Teachers reserve the right to dismiss any student from class who continuously disrupts. A parent/teacher conference must take place before a dismissed student may return to class. Dismissed students will be allowed to attend a make-up class.
- A student arriving more than 10 minutes late may have to observe class. This is not a punishment but is done to avoid injury from not properly warming up. A make-up class can be taken.
- Leave your coat and shoes in the cubby outside the studio.
- Please use the hand sanitizer before class and as needed during class.
- No climbing, lounging, or hanging on the ballet barre.
- Please do not touch the mirrors. They are not glass and can puncture or crack if poked.
- Cell phones must be silenced and remain untouched during class.
- No food or gum is permitted in the studio. Only water with a closable lid.
- Eyes and attention must always be on the teacher. Talking or leaving class before it is over is not acceptable.
- Everyone will get corrections. Be appreciative of corrections as they help you improve. Students will progress only as well as they can when they take corrections and use them.
- Students show respect for others by: keeping their hands to themselves during class, waiting quietly for others to have a turn, waiting until the music is finished before entering the classroom if they are late to class, and talking only when spoken to by the instructor (or asking a question).
- Any student who repeatedly disrupts the class will be dismissed from class that day and will result in a parent/teacher conference with the student.
- If a student needs to leave early, he/she must ask the teacher’s permission before class begins. Please leave discreetly so as not to disrupt class.
- Every class ends with clapping. You are thanking the teacher, showing respect for yourself and fellow students, and letting people outside the studio know the class is over.
Female students: Pre-Ballet to Level C are required to wear the class-assigned style and color leotard along with PINK tights and PINK ballet shoes for their class. Pre-Ballet only can wear a skirt. Girls will have their hair secured in a ballet bun. Shorter hair must have hair secured away from the face. The required dress code items are available for purchase at our studio.
Class Leotard Style:
- Capezio Princess Tank Leotard – Style #CC202
- Pre-Ballet – Pink
- Level A – Light Blue
- Level B – Royal Blue
- Level C – Burgundy
Male students: Wear white t-shirts, black shorts that fall above the knee (biker shorts style) or black tights, white socks, and black ballet slippers. Longer hair must be secured back or a headband can be worn. Ballet shoes are available for purchase at our studio.
Adult students: Required to wear ballet shoes, available for purchase at our studio. Students may wear leggings with a tight-fitting sports shirt. Men may wear shorts with a tee-shirt. Please refrain from wearing large/loose-fitting sweatpants and shirts. It is difficult for the teacher to correct and they can be dangerous to wear if a foot or hand gets caught in the loose material.
Females: Leotard/tights preferred.
Males: T-shirt (no graphics) and shorts.
Students can wear other dance clothing options as long as it is formed to the body and does not expose the mid-section. Students must have their hair tied back as directed by the teacher. Jazz shoes are recommended for Jazz classes.
Ballet Bun Information
Wearing the hair in a ballet bun is required as part of the dress code. Wearing your hair in a ballet bun is a standard expectation and appearance for female students. There is a functional purpose of having the hair in a bun. It allows both the teacher and the dancer to see the line that is being created by the shoulders, neck, arms, and back and make corrections if necessary. Dancers with a flying ponytail during leaps, jumps and turns get distracted from learning proper use of the head and focus of eyes if they constantly have hair hitting them in the face. Always having a well-made ballet bun for a class is great practice for performances.
Very short hair must be pinned or sprayed to stay off the face. Students can use a secure headband in class. We sell a bun-making kit and will be happy to show you how to make a bun.